There are four main classes of entrance awards to the School:
- Academic Scholarships and Exhibitions
- Music Scholarships
- Art Scholarships and Exhibitions
- Sports Scholarships and Awards
It is possible for a boy or girl to hold awards of more than one kind, and in cases of proven financial need and evident merit, additional bursary assistance may be available. Virtually all Scholarships and Awards are now “inflation-proofed” by being expressed as a fraction of the annual fees.
Honorary King's Scholarships are awarded for excellent GCSE and AS results.
The award of non-academic Scholarships is subject to candidates meeting normal academic entrance requirements.
All Academic, Music, Art and Sports Scholarships, Exhibitions and Awards are for excellence in the relevant sphere. Means-tested bursaries, in cases of financial need, are assessed and awarded separately. See: Bursaries.
- Awards are tenable throughout the holder’s School career provided that the Headmaster is satisfied with the pupil’s diligence, progress, attitude and good conduct. Non-academic scholars must be contributing significantly in the relevant area of School life.
- Scholars are expected to stay until the end of the term in which they take their A Levels.
- It is open to parents to renounce the emoluments of any award. Their son or daughter will retain the Scholar’s or Exhibitioner’s status, and the funds released will be used to enable a boy or girl to come to King’s who would otherwise not be able to do so.
- Candidates for all Scholarships and Awards (except for Sixth Form entrants) must be under 14 on 1 September of the year in question.
For details of scholarships for 2015 entry see: King's School Scholarships 2015.
Please note that the details outlined in this document are revised from time to time, and should be confirmed with the Admissions Office in the year of entry to the School.
Enquiries about scholarships should be sent to the Registrar: Mr Graham Sinclair Telephone 01227 595630 email@example.com
Application forms are available from Mrs Kate Harrison, Admissions Assistant, The King's School, Canterbury CT1 2ES; or telephone: 01227 595772; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org