The following awards will be offered for competition:
- Up to twenty King’s Scholarships and Exhibitions will be awarded if candidates of sufficient merit present themselves. Further assistance can be made available, depending on parental income: see Bursaries. The King’s Scholars are members of the Cathedral Foundation.
- Three or four Sixth Form Scholarships can be awarded for outstanding performance in the Sixth Form entrance examination held in November.
The King’s Scholarship Examination
- The examination will take place in Canterbury although special arrangements can be made in exceptional circumstances.
- A candidate’s age at the time of the examination will be taken into account in the assessment of performance.
- Candidates should normally offer EACH of the following papers, all of which are 1½ hours in length:
General Paper, English, a Modern Language, Mathematics, Science
and at least TWO chosen from:
Geography, a second Modern Language, Greek, History, Latin, Religious Studies
- Consideration will always be given to requests to be allowed to offer another subject provided that the School is notified at least six weeks in advance.
- Where good reasons exist for doing so, candidates may be given exemption from a compulsory paper.
- Whilst Scholarships and Exhibitions are generally offered as a result of the strength of a candidate’s overall performance, they are on occasion awarded as a result of exceptional promise in one particular subject.
- School accommodation is normally available to candidates for the duration of the examinations.
- Past or Specimen papers are available from the Assistant Registrar.
Application forms are available from Mrs Kate Harrison, Admissions Assistant, The King's School, Canterbury CT1 2ES; or telephone: 01227 595772; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org